Monday, October 18, 2010

In the beginning...

I have seen and read blogs by others and thought to myself, 'I can do that!' For the most part the blogs I read are non-sense to me and really so is this one, but at least this one will be MY non-sense.
I really enjoy baking and my trials and errors are usually rather fun to watch. I enjoy trying new recipes and usually I bake once a week at the very least.
I started baking about the time I moved out of my house. I have to say that I did not have a calling for it from childhood. I did not "enjoy" it. I did not help my mom out when she was baking or cooking. I started cooking and baking out of necessity. My family needed to eat and I did not want to eat frozen foods.
My passions are cookbooks and online recipe sites. I have enough to start my own bookstore. It is how I started my journey into cooking and baking. I tell everyone, "anyone can cook, all it takes is the ability to read and follow directions."
A lot of times when I am looking for something to make, I look through all my cook books and find the perfect recipe. Then I rip it apart and make it my own. After all, written recipes are merely suggestions. :)
Dessert breads are the best things to bake and really very easy, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and a few other ingredients and you have yourself a delicious homemade treat to have with your coffee or tea in the morning!!
I bake pies rather frequently. Apple is my favorite and gets made VERY often. I love making cookies and cakes and breads and delicious meals that are sure to satisfy every hunger.
I live true to my married surname, I am a true BAKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment